Address: 436 Glengrove Avenue West, Toronto, M5N 1X2 | Telephone: (416) 967 3777 | Fax: (416) 780 9837 |Email:
Contact 2017-05-29T14:34:58+00:00

I’d Love to Hear from you

Address: 436 Glengrove Avenue West Toronto, M5N 1X2
Phone: (416) 967-3777
Fax: (416) 780 9837
My office can be reached via TTC  (Bathurst bus #7)  or via Glencairn Subway station (10-15 minutes walk from station)

I also provide Skype or FaceTime nutrition counselling

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What the difference is between a Registered Dietitian(RD) and a “Nutritionist”?

A. • The title “Registered Dietitian”, “Professional Dietitian”, and “Dietitian” are protected by law through provincial legislation so that only qualified practitioners who have met education qualifications can use that title.

• Dietitians who have met national standards for education and training and who are members of the provincial regulatory bodies can use one of the following designations  RD, RDN, PDt or RDt (or the French equivalent Dt.P.).
• A dietitian is a health professional who has a Bachelor’s degree, specializing in foods and nutrition, as well as a period of practical training in a hospital or community setting. Many dietitians further their knowledge by pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree.
• Dietitians are members of a provincially regulated profession that has Public Protection as their mandate.
Dietitians are held accountable for their conduct and the care they provide.
• The term Nutritionist is not protected by law in all provinces so people with different levels of training and knowledge can all themselves a “Nutritionist”. The title “Nutritionist” is protected for dietitians in some provinces and dietitians do use the title “Nutritionists”. As the term “Nutritionist’ is not a protected title in some provinces, you should contact your provincial regulatory body to ensure that you are receiving services from a dietitian.
• A variety of titles have been used by unqualified people to describe their involvement in nutrition related practice. Many use the term “registered” with a variation of “nutrition” as a title. You should be careful to ensure that the person is a qualified nutrition professional. You can contact Dietitians of Canada or the Provincial regulatory body to obtain a list of Dietitians in your area.

Q. Are Registered Dietitian services covered under OHIP?

A. Unfortunately, fees are not covered by OHIP. However many private insurance plans cover some or all of the cost of your nutrition counseling sessions. Check with your insurance provider for details.